The purpose of the Caddo-Shreveport Sales and Use Tax Commission is to collect the proper amount of tax revenue at the lowest possible cost to those we serve, and in a manner that warrants the highest degree of confidence in our integrity, efficiency, effectiveness, and fairness. To achieve that purpose we will:
- Encourage the highest level of voluntary compliance with state and local tax laws and regulations
- Educate and advise the dealers of their responsibilities and rights
- Determine the extent of compliance and causes for non-compliance
- Do all things necessary for the proper administration and enforcement of the tax laws
- Continually search for and implement new, more efficient and effective ways of accomplishing our mission
Act No. 270 of the 2018 Regular Session requires a policy against sexual harassment be created and each public servant be notified of the policy.